Sunday, May 29, 2016

Self Contained - building a container wagon - 3

Slow progress, but some paint has been slapped on so this thing is looking pretty good (well, from a distance anyway as the closeups can be a bit scary), it runs well, and its almost twice as long as the VTG curtainsider that it was built from. At this rate I'll be doubling my train lengths in no time.


I haven't decided what to do with that blue container. I put a first coat of International Orange on it out of the limited selection of 4 paint colours that I currently own, but don't like it. I might have to break down and buy some dark blue as these colours go fairly well together.I had toyed with the idea of painting it white and putting a 1980s NZR logo on it...

Some weathering and finishing touches will follow in due course.

No comments: