Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Regunking the EANOS

While I was pottering away with the scenery on North Wattinger, someone posted a picture on Facebook or somewhere of a nicely weathered SBB EANOS wagon in HO scale, a bit like my pink Marklin Z one. 

So using his one for ideas, I dug mine out and added a little more rust and dust and grime on top of what was already there - looking back, I'm not sure I have ever posted anything about this wagon. 

Some ordinary thinned acrylic paint plus some rust and grime washes were used. It looks a bit overdone, stark and harsh in these closeup pics...


...but looks OK from the mandated viewing distance below (pic from the previous post on North Wattinger).


I didn't like the pink colour scheme originally and was going to repaint in grey, but the pink has grown on me as it is something a little different.

The load that came with this has always looked a little boring, even with some additions on top of the factory load, so I might make it carry logs one day.

2 comments:

Semlan said...

Hi Darryl, really nice weathering there. Made me think of another source of inspiration, if you don't know him already check this polish guy - his thread on weathering and bashing is good.

https://www.trainboard.com/highball/index.php?threads/pkp-conversions.92580/

Great to read your posts again! :-)

darryl said...

Thanks for that Semlan! Very nice work. Will keep following that thread..