Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Road to nowhere


That black, unfinished foamboard road (my amalgam of the local road through Wassen and the A4 motorway) has lain dark, ugly and unfinished for too long..

First, some footpath/gutters.... Some stripwood will do, painted with grey:


And one side pinned down into place using contact glue:


And some plasticard sides (below):

Then I applied a roll of Noch 44100 Z scale roading. This was bought on a whim on a recent visit to a foreign hobby shop and it's quite a neat product. Crepey in nature, its flexible enough to be stretched around slight curves. It's also self adhesive.



For sharper corners, you can cut the thing in half and make tighter curves:

 Then another stick of stripwood for the other side:


  I've also started to add a bit more foliage around the place in the Wattinger tunnel area:


OK, so I've almost run out of this stuff (the roll is only a metre long) and the road is only just reaching town, but overall I'm happy with it so far. I probably should have taken some width off it as it headed into town to give a little forced perspective. 

No comments: