Monday, May 30, 2016

Together

I've faced a dilemma on the layout for the past week as to whether the two ends of the layout should be joined together (which would enable the track to advance over the middle sections) or to keep them apart (so I can move it in a car if needed) 

After much umming and ahhhing about how to proceed, I decided to 'not-decide', kicking that can down the road by pinning the layout halves together and proceeding with the track laying. If I need to, I can unplug at any time, and if not, I can just glue and reinforce the joins.


Pins and braces
So with that sorted its time to get moving again. Track has now been laid down the Reuss river from Wattinger to the tunnel guarding the lower staging area. Next will be the middle level where the big bridge will be, and as you can see, I’m still revisiting the decision to exclude the hidden spiral at the near end which would give another 4cm or so of vertical clearance between the middle and upper levels of track.


No comments: