Friday, January 11, 2019

'Upper Wassen' house #2

Following on from the previous edition...

Now let's get onto the brown house with the shutters to the right of the red circle in the upper half of the pic above...

The same basic methods were employed with some subtle differences in designs and assumptions (I hope nobody is looking too closely)

This time I wasn't going to have windows-with-no-substance, so drew in the frames with a pen and coloured them with a wash of grey afterwards, as you may see in the pic below. You might also note between the above and below pics that when I placed this next to the other house... for some reason I'd made it much taller, so had to take about 5 boards out from between the ground and first floors to bring it somewhat back into proportion. Ah the beauty of just winging it...
Shutters have been added in the above pic - half height on the middle floor, where window box/railings will take up the bottom half - and the railings themselves are being made per the previous installment;s methods, except this time I didn't paint on any flowers.


Also added was that odd yellow conservatory thing on the left side.

Ta da. 
This new house (on the right) is a little more interesting prototypically because of the colour, and the shutters, which the other one doesn't have. I went back and lined/greywashed the windows on the left hand residence as they looked a bit silly in comparison.

In the next exciting edition, I suppose I'll scenick these into place properly, and plant some trees around to finish off this wee scene. At some future stage I will look out for some small hatchback in 1:250 or 1:300 scale to park outside.

No comments: