Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Moving Mountains


Down the south hill end, a bit of solid hillside has sprung up. 

While doing this, a couple of small areas were also adjusted.

In looking at real pictures taken from The Command Post on the third level of track, it seems that the uphill portal of the Meinkreutz (I'm sure I've spelt that incorrectly, but it's the obvious bit of landscaping visible at the right side of these two pictures) is a rockface bore rather than a stone-faced portal. 

So I've trimmed that back per the prototype and as a bonus have gained an extra inch of visible trackage up there. 

Additional visible running has been realised on the middle level, where I've pushed back the tunnel/gallerie entrance to gain another three or four inches in the process.

If I keep going at this rate I'll soon have no hidden trackage left.

No comments: