Saturday, December 29, 2018

Farm truck - Adventures in Shapeways

Swiss farms are a sight to behold. Up the ridiculously-steep sides of mountains in all manner of remote and high-altitude spots, tidy mats of green pepper the landscape with nary a weed to mar the picture-perfect scenes.

To work the slopes, they have developed some awesome tools that usually come out when the hay is being harvested

Sickle mowers with mega-traction all terrain wheels:


...and these farm trucks that seem to be able to ascend near-vertical slopes:
I guess there are many makers and variations on these trucks. I can't find a good picture of one that I took, so here's one borrowed from the internet:
Reform Editorial Image - Image: 45231710



"Steffen's Z Bahn Shop'" has made a farm truck in Z scale and made it available on Shapeways, so I ordered one.


It's really nice. All I had to do is paint it and put some hay in the back.



No comments: