Sunday, November 6, 2016

A Desk, my Kingdom for a Desk...

The spate of recent rolling stock work can largely be attributed to the purchase of an old computer workstation and office chair from the Salvation Army charity shop. A modeling desk being an item that's been missing from my wardrobe for the past two years.

The desk had a slide-out keyboard tray which was cut down and re-installed to make a second shelf where the monitor used to go. On the right are slots for a CD library that will become more shelves for small projects in time. I suppose its fairly small, but that's entirely appropriate for the current Z scale projects. And it forces me to keep things tidy...

I also like being able to whizz around the room on my chair.

A further purchase - not yet installed - is a $4 old clamp-on bed headboard light that will be attached to the top shelf or beside the window to provide additional lumens when required.

Best $30 I've ever spent.

No comments: