Friday, November 4, 2016

InterRegio 4 - on the run

While I had the cars apart for their makeover, the opportunity was taken to trip or remove the buffers that I thought might have been upsetting the cars on tight curves and causing derailments.

Seems to have done some good, as I ran these around a bit yesterday with no problems whatsoever.


Are they perfect? No of course not - neither my painting nor the Marklin canvases underneath.

...But they do capture the 'essence' of an InterRegio train; and my modeling philosophy has always been that a 'close enough' model will always look better in a bigger scene, which allows me to steam through these things relatively quickly rather than seeking absolute perfection - or never finishing anything before losing interest.

One day I'll make some decals. I promise. In the interim, as far as I'm concerned, without my glasses on and squinting from the other side of the room: This train looks the shiznit.

No comments: