Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Gettin it together

Five strips of Peco Z flex track arrived in the post a few days ago. They've sat neglected in the corner of the trainroom since, while periodic rituals involving pondering were performed.

I know I should complete the wiring and build a control panel, but today I accidentally glued a section of foamboard trackbed in place, so figured I might as well go to town while the ball was rolling. This is why I scored 55% in School Certificate English.

An hour or so later I'd managed to lay the double mainline up to the 'summit' and connect up one of the passing loops at its hidden station. The apex of the third level of track is where the uphill mainline loops around to become the down main while also providing (minimal) storage so that an uphill train which has just summitted doesn't have to immediately go back downhill again.

looking 'south' towards a non-existent Goschenen which would be a few miles beyond my summit sidings

Looking 'north' from the summit storage sidings and Wattinger

There's still plenty of feed-wiring and track soldering to be done before a train can finally loop around continuously up and down, round and round, ad-nauseam under its own power, and I do need to see if I can eek out the storage siding trackage at the summit from the few remaining centimetres of track and few fishplates I have left, but it does seem like a milestone has been reached

Half of the untested summit trackage foolishly glued in place

No comments: